Frequently Asked Questions

What wire should I get? What gauge?

We recommend that you get stranded cable that is specifically designed for use with speakers, not just lamp cord or (heaven forbid) telephone wire. Your choice of wire can effect the sound quality of your system and we recommend better quality branded wire such as Monster Cable, Kimber Kable, AudioQuest or the like. For connecting lengths less than 25 ft. use either 18 or 16 gauge, for connection lengths greater than 25 ft. but less than 50 ft. use either 16 or 14 and greater than 50 ft. use 14 or 12.

This FAQ was last modified on September 19, 2022

← Return to Frequently Asked Questions